Washakie Museum & Cultural Center
Organization: Washakie Museum & Cultural Center
Position: Museum Educator
Pay Range: $15-18 /hour
The Washakie Museum & Cultural Center in Worland, Wyoming is seeking a part-time Museum Educator.
The Museum Educator creates and implements programs utilizing the museum’s permanent and temporary exhibits, collection, art shows, and performing arts events to educate and engage audiences of all ages, with a primary focus on children and families. The Museum Educator will be part of a highly collaborative museum staff and must be willing to assist wherever needed. The position is part time (up to 30 hrs/ week), hourly and non-exempt. Schedule is flexible, based on program needs.
• Implement museum’s current education programs including STEAM Saturdays, performing arts camp, speaker series, 4th grade history days, Misoula Children’s theater, and other public outreach programming.
• Develop and produce new educational programs for all ages utilizing Washakie Museum’s collection, exhibits, art shows, and performing arts events.
• Maintain a relationship with regional schools and engage them in museum programming.
• Develop and implement educational programs for home schoolers.
• Engage visitors by giving entertaining and informative presentations.
• Maintain and update tour scripts, audio tours and docent manuals. Design and develop other props and teaching aids for presentations.
• Manage education program budgets and maintain an inventory of supplies.
• Create and distribute promotional materials and advertisements for educational programs, including social media, newspaper articles and ads, posters, and emails.
• Assist in researching and applying for grants to fund educational programs.
• Assist with front desk duties, special events, or other duties as needed.
• Coursework, degree, and/or work experience in education, training, or museum interpretation.
• Experience developing education programs and curriculum.
• Ability to self-motivate, manage projects, organize materials and information, and create workplans to meet goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and proactive problem-solving skills.
• Ability and desire to work with learners of all ages.
• Ability to research and learn about unfamiliar subjects.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Experience working in a museum.
• Familiarity with Past Perfect software.
• Experience in using social media to promote events and engage audiences.
• Experience in researching and writing grants.
• Up-to-date first aid and CPR certification highly preferred.
Compensation: $15-18/hour depending on qualifications
Benefits: Include paid time off for vacations and holidays.
TO APPLY: Please e-mail your resume, and a cover letter describing how your skills and experience match the requirements for this position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Washakie Museum & Cultural Center is an equal opportunity employer.