POSITION: Museum Educator
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Full Time (40hr/wk)
COMPENSATION: $30,000+ Benefits
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
The Washakie Museum & Cultural Center in Worland, Wyoming is looking to hire a full-time museum educator to implement and create programs surrounding our exhibits both permanent and temporary, our collection, art shows, and performing arts. The museum educator will also assist in exhibit research and collections management.
• Maintains a strong commitment to welcoming, encouraging, and engaging with youth of all ages and families of all types.
• Facilitates educational programs utilizing Washakie Museum’s collection, exhibitions, art shows, and performing arts. Activities include planning, developing, and facilitating of school programs (school tours and 4th grade history days), educational programing to complement both permanent and temporary exhibits, children’s art classes, performing arts camp, and other public outreach programing.
• Assisting curatorial department with exhibit research and collections management.
• Writing small grants.
• Coordinated funding endeavors to expand museum programing.
• Fill in as needed at the front desk or other museum staffing needs including working special events.
• Maintain a relationship with schools and alert them to new exhibits and activities.
• A bachelor’s degree in museum studies, education, child development, or related field
• Experience working with children from ages 4-18
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in writing/developing curriculum/programming
• Experience in research and grant writing preferred
• Ability and desire to interact with youth, families, and schools
• Proficient in Microsoft word, publisher, and excel (experiences with PastPerfect is ideal)
TO APPLY: Please e-mail a cover letter, your resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three academic and/or professional references to: email@example.com. This position is open until filled. For further information, please email Rebecca Brower at firstname.lastname@example.org.