The Tesoro Cultural Center seeks to create community-based events and educational programs designed to enrich and celebrate the cultural heritage of the region. The Managing Director supervises all aspects of the organization, from event, program, people, and project management, to development, fundraising, and high-level administrative duties. The Managing Director works in a highly visible role and provides direct supervision to part-time staff and volunteers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly coordinates and manages all of Tesoro’s annual events that range in scale, including two large weekend art markets a year, three cultural holiday events, and a Historic Lecture Series that runs October-April.
• Creates, develops, implements, and evaluates all of Tesoro’s educational programming that serves a variety of audiences.
• Seeks new opportunities for community partnerships, outreach and sponsorships.
• Responsible for creating, cultivating and maintaining positive partnerships with other organizations in the area.
• Fulfills basic accounting duties (accounts payables and receivables, QuickBooks reports, etc.) in conjunction with Tesoro’s accounting firm.
• Manages Tesoro membership program and seeks new ways to gain community support through fundraising and development.
• Maintains all forms of record-keeping and databases relating to accounting, attendance and numbers served, budgets and projections, and more.
• Supervises team of part-time staff and volunteers prioritizing teamwork, inclusivity, and positivity.
• Conduct trainings and professional development opportunities for staff and volunteers throughout the year.
• Works with Executive Director and affiliates on advertising and marketing initiatives.
• Serves as the primary grant-writer for the organization.
• B.A./B.S. in education, history, business administration or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
• 3+ years’ experience in project and people management and in customer service
• Flexible, self-motivated employee
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays required.
• Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, multitasking, leadership, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be willing to work as a team and closely with others
• Knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and QuickBooks software
• Some graphic design knowledge preferred
• Ideal candidate will have Spanish/English bilingual fluency
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com with “Managing Director” in the subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. Must be willing to undergo a background check. There will be a 90 Day Introductory Period to assess job compatibility.
Tesoro Cultural Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to building a diverse staff. Applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds are encouraged.
$40,000 – $45,000 a year, depending on experience & qualifications.