Status: Part-Time, Hourly
Reports to: Executive Director and Education/Administration Director
Location: Morrison, Colorado
Work Hours: 25-30 hours per week. Could be 9am-2pm M-F; or Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (9:00am – 5:00pm), as well as evenings and weekends during events, as needed.
Deadline to Apply: Position open until filled.
The Tesoro Cultural Center seeks to create community-based events and educational programs designed to enrich and celebrate the cultural heritage of the region. The Event Coordinator manages all aspects of Tesoro’s multiple annual events including two large art market weekends, cultural holiday events, and the organization’s annual fundraiser. The Event Coordinator will implement systems and procedures already in place to fulfill the mission of the event and ensure event success.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly coordinates and manages all of Tesoro’s annual events that range in scale, including two large weekend art markets a year, two cultural holiday events, and an auction fundraiser.
• Seeks new opportunities for community sponsorships and contributions in support of Tesoro’s events.
• Responsible for creating, cultivating and maintaining positive partnerships with other organizations in the area.
• Maintains all forms of record-keeping and databases relating to events (including attendance and numbers served, event budgets and projections, and more).
• Manages team of part-time staff and volunteers prioritizing teamwork, inclusivity, and positivity.
• Works closely with Executive Director and affiliates on advertising and marketing initiatives.
• Assists with grant-writing for the organization.
• Assists with coordinating Tesoro’s educational programs as needed.
• B.A./B.S. in art, education, history, business administration or related field
• 3+ years’ experience in event management
• Experience working for a nonprofit organization(s)
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays required.
• Flexible, self-motivated employee
• Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, multitasking, leadership, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be willing to work as a team and closely with others
• Knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and QuickBooks software, graphic design experience a plus
• Marketing experience a plus
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Event Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. Must be willing to undergo a background check. There will be a 90 Day Introductory Period to assess job compatibility.
Tesoro Cultural Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to building a diverse staff. Applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds are encouraged.