Museum at the Bighorns
Organization: Museum at the Bighorns
Position: Executive Director
Pay Range: $50,000-60,000 annually plus additional benefits package
Committed to community, leadership, fundraising, and Western history? Your place is at the Museum at the Bighorns.
Located in stunning Sheridan, Wyoming, we are our driven by our passion to preserve the rich historical and cultural heritage of our area and share it with locals and visitors. As the community’s source for local and regional stories, artifacts, art and more, we promote a greater understanding of the American West to current and future generations. MAB seeks a leader who understands the role museums play in serving as a community center for a growing region and who will relish welcoming new residents as well as celebrating the area’s history and traditions. The executive director will develop and oversee implementation of strategic initiatives, manage staff/volunteers, fundraise, write grants, handle budgeting, marketing, public relations, community and professional partnership building, plus exhibit research and creation.
Leadership and Strategy
• • Represent the museum within the community while building and maintaining relationships and strategic partnerships.
• • Work with the board to lead development of the museum and accomplish strategic initiatives.
• • Grow financial support to support strategic initiatives such as staffing, programming and facility needs.
• • Increase community involvement by developing public programming that reaches diverse audiences.
• • Nurture relationships with existing museum members and increase number of memberships.
Financial Management and Fundraising/Grants
• • Work with Finance Committee and board to propose and implement budget; manage accounts payable/receivable.
• • Pursue and develop new revenue streams, grants, and endowments.
• • Research, write, submit, and track grants to meet stipulations such as fiscal requirements.
Programming and Operations
• • Ensure a culture of operational excellence by adopting procedures and technologies that increase effectiveness.
• • Oversee recruitment and management of volunteers including communication and schedules.
• • Guide exhibition planning, programing, and development.
Marketing and Communications
• • Assist with development and marketing for exhibits, programs, and events to build the profile and visibility.
• • Communicate with board, donors, staff, volunteers, members, and the community at large.
• • Coordinate marketing activities, social media communications, and media releases.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; minimum 3 years in management position in museum or equivalent organization; minimum 2 years in grant writing/reporting plus understanding of general fundraising principles; knowledge of best practices in nonprofit administration; experience in planning and project coordination, relationship building, strategic goal accomplishment, and budget development and management.
Compensation: $50,000-60,000 annually plus additional benefits package
Interested candidates please email cover letter and resume or CV to:
Museum at the Bighorns at email@example.com
Further questions about this position? Contact Camden Easterling at 406-224-0904.
To learn more about the Museum at the Bighorns, go to museumatthebighorns.org