The La Plata County Historical Society is a volunteer-run organization looking to hire a Director of Development. The successful candidate will support the mission of the La Plata County Historical Society to build visibility through fundraising efforts for current and future financial stability through the effective implementation of the policies set forth by the Board of Directors. The Director of Development will report to the Executive Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and cultivate donors, endowments and increase current memberships.
• Support development of annual fundraising activities; implement special fundraising campaigns under the direction of the Board; and make proposals to the Board for increasing revenue and income.
• Research, write, and administer grant applications from public and private sources.
• Represent the Museum at professional meetings and participate in museum, library, community, and other civic, historical and trade organizations.
• Promote the Museum through contacts with media, businesses, government officials, researchers, students, schools, volunteers, and members of the general public.
• Promote the Museum, Board, staff, and volunteers in a positive manner at all times to maintain goodwill and encourage continued community participation in all Museum sponsored activities.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to enhance the Society’s mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Individual must have experience in the areas of financial development and management including fundraising, membership development, grant writing, budget preparation, and administration. Individual must be willing to get out of the office to seek out and build relationships for the Animas Museum. Additionally, the Director of Development must display the capacity to motivate and work effectively with the staff, Board of Directors, members, vendors, volunteers, visitors, and the general public.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about history and the role of the Society’s Mission, have strong oral and written communication skills and be comfortable with technology. Knowledge of local history is a plus. This position will be part-time (20 hours per week) and salary will be commensurate with experience. Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends.
Salary $37-40 (per hour, DOE)
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Animas Museum is an at-will employer. The Animas Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status or status as a U.S. Veteran.