Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum
Museum Marketing Coordinator
Organization: Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum
Position: Museum Marketing Coordinator
Pay Range: $18-$19.50/hr./$37,000 to 42,000/yr.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time (40hrs/week), Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekends as needed.
The Museum Marketing Coordinator is responsible for utilizing various marketing channels, including traditional, print, social media, and new media, to attract visitors to the Museum, Museum events, fundraisers, and programs, with the aim of fostering Museum growth. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Coordinator will play a pivotal role in enhancing the Museum’s visibility and engagement in the community.
• Develop and execute marketing strategies to promote Museum events, fundraisers, and programs.
• Utilize a variety of media platforms, including social media and email marketing, to engage and attract visitors.
• Create visually appealing and effective marketing materials using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
• Manage the Museum’s website, ensuring it is up-to-date, user-friendly, and visually appealing.
• Collaborate with volunteers and committees to support marketing initiatives.
• Monitor and analyze marketing performance data to inform decision-making.
• Maintain the annual marketing budget and make strategic decisions based on budget constraints.
• Stay current with marketing trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
• Photograph Museum events as needed.
• Create Museum newsletters and the quarterly Stageline Magazine.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, plus 1-year work-related experience.
• 1 year of experience in design with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications.
• Proficiency with Adobe Software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
• Knowledge of digital technology, current social media platforms, mobile devices, and other relevant media.
• Familiarity with current marketing standards and best practices.
• Experience in graphic design, website design, and email marketing, particularly using Wix.
• Self-directed and able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
• Strong organizational skills, resourcefulness, and professional judgment.
• Ability to work under pressure, exercising tact and diplomacy.
• Effective supervisory and budget management skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules and project requirements.
• Receptive to constructive criticism and feedback.
• Excellent communication and creative thinking abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that phone calls will not be accepted. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.