Exhibit Production Manager
Organization: Buffalo Bill Center of the West
Position: Exhibit Production Manager
Pay Range: $47,000 to $54,000 Full Time/Year Round
Exhibit Production Manager FT/YR Great Benefits
To be considered please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
- Plans and coordinates creative and logistical aspects of Center exhibitions working on a collaborative basis to monitor and maintain all Center exhibits, and temporary and traveling exhibitions.
- Develop and implement exhibition designs and layout, coordinate exhibition installation, and deinstallation in conjunction with CEM staff.
- Serve as a key team member and consultant for Center staff on all exhibition and collections-based projects.
- Oversee object rotations, exhibition changes, and upgrades to gallery components for Center’s museums and library in conjunction with CEM staff.
- Maintain calendar of Center’s exhibitions installations, deinstallations, and object rotations.
- Conduct regular monitoring of exhibition areas with regard to exhibition components, object condition, and light levels in communication with curatorial and library staff.
- Serve on committees related to Center exhibitions and special projects.
- Design, produce and install exhibition mounts with consideration of object condition and exhibition aesthetics.
- Pack and crate objects for outgoing loans and exhibitions as a Museum Services team member
- Create and manage an annual budget and yearly and long-range plan for the Exhibits Department.
- Develop and ensure adherence to safe workplace practices and procedures in the operations of the department and the handling of museum collection objects.
- Work collaboratively with Assistant Registrar/Collections Manager, Registrar and Chief Conservator.
- Proven ability to creatively design exhibitions.
- Ability to use CAD or similar software for exhibition layouts.
- Competency in project planning software such as Excel, Microsoft office Teams or similar formats.
- Training and demonstrated ability in object mount making skills in multiple mediums.
- Skill in object installation and handling, including two- and three-dimensional objects.
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with museum staff, professional colleagues, consultants, preparators/art handlers, artists, and vendors.
- Creative and solution-oriented project planning.
- Word processing, Excel, and Outlook aptitude.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited college or university in Exhibition Design, Museum Studies with a focus on exhibition design, or design.
- Project management experience.
- Two years’ experience in art and object handling and museum installations
- Two years’ experience with carpentry and metal work, knowledge of materials, processes, equipment, and safety.
- Specific training and/or experience with design and construction of mounts for museum objects using braising, soldering, and other methods and mediums.
- Project management experience and strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with collection management databases (Argus preferred) and project management software.
- Proficiency with design software – InDesign, CAD, SketchUP, etc.