American Museum of Western Art
Marketing & Events Coordinator
Organization: American Museum of Western Art
Position: Marketing & Events Coordinator
Pay Range: $37,000 to $40,000/yr.
• Advertise all aspects of the museum including programs, tours, school tours and events and pursue in-person networking.
• Coordinate and produce content for monthly e-newsletter.
• Establish and maintain marketing network.
• Create and submit all marketing copy and print advertising materials.
• Design all graphic and informational print and digital material.
• Draft and submit content for website.
• Perform updates and edits to current website and work on redesign and functionality of website as time progresses.
• Maintain social media accounts for the Museum.
• Draft written content for press kits and media coverage.
• Coordinate interviews and Museum press.
• Pursues media opportunities for AMWA.
Facility Rental/Events Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Work with security, Facility and Operation Manager, and approved vendors in preparation for events. Schedule AMWA staff when tour or overview is needed.
• In collaboration with Facility and Operation Manager oversee set-up and take-down activities for internal and external events.
• Promote private events through local advertising opportunities.
• Develop and design print promotional materials to promote facility rental opportunities.
Guest Services and Museum Shop Responsibilities:
• Greet guests upon arrival in a friendly and welcoming manner.
• Operate museum iPad to sell tickets and museum shop merchandise.
• Offer audio and gallery guides to guests. Answer questions as needed.
• Go over rules with guests and direct to the gallery.
• Maintain a clean and organized lobby and museum shop space.
• Record and track visitor data, including museum shop sales.
• Manage and add products to museum shop. Work with AMWA team in staying ahead on inventory.
• Promote group visits on non-public days, schedule tours, manage sales, and coordinate onsite logistics, (give tour when needed).
• Assist with lesson planning and preparations for on-site school programs.
• Assist with development and implementation of adult programs, special presentations, musical events, and existing lecture series, Artful Insights, and themed tours.
• Programs are developed with colleagues and sometimes led by this position dependent on the program.
• Complete background research relevant for successful program strategy and implementation.
• Actively seek program and marketing partnership opportunities with local and regional organizations.
• Perform relevant research for interpretation and programming.
• Represent the museum at offsite programming, community events, symposiums, and conferences.
• Attend professional development workshops, symposiums, and classes for Marketing, programming, underserved community outreach, art history, education, and interpretation.
• Work effectively and personably with volunteers, board members, colleagues, public visitors, and press and media.
• Present at conferences and symposia for museum.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 4-year degree in Art History or related field, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in marketing and managing social media, preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in event coordination.
• Requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years working with the public in a customer service role.
• Proven computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Requires excellent organization skills, written and oral communication skills, and ability to pivot and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to speak and communicate in English effectively in writing and in person.
• Ability to move/lift up to 25 pounds.
• Mobility necessary to access various spaces within the museum includes standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time as well as mobility to climb stairs or use of elevator.
• This is a full-time, exempt hourly position. The salary range is $37,000 to $40,000 commensurate with experience and includes our standard benefits package, including a medical plan, dental plan, basic term life insurance, short term disability, 401k retirement, holiday pay, and vacation pay.
• Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.