POSITION: Museum Educator
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Full Time (40hr/wk)
The Washakie Museum & Cultural Center is looking to hire a full-time museum educator to implement and create programs surrounding our exhibits both permanent and temporary, our collection, art shows, and performing arts. The museum educator will also assist in exhibit research and collections management.
• Maintains a strong commitment to welcoming, encouraging, and engaging with youth of all ages and families of all types
• Facilitates educational programs utilizing Washakie Museum’s collection, exhibitions, art shows, and performing arts: activities include planning, development, and facilitation of school programs (school tours and 4th grade history days), educational programing to complement both permanent and temporary exhibits, children’s art classes, performing arts camp, and other public outreach programming.
• Assist curatorial department with exhibit research and collections management.
• Writing small grants
• Coordinated funding endeavors to expand museum programming
• Fill in as needed at the front desk or other museum staffing needs including working special events.
• Preferably a bachelor degree in museum studies, education, child development, or related field.
• Experience working with children from ages 4-18
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in writing/developing curriculum/programming
• Experience in research and grant preferred
• Ability and desire to interact with youth, families, and schools
• Proficient in Microsoft word, publisher, and excel (experiences with PastPerfect is ideal)
TO APPY: Please e-mail a cover letter, your resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three academic and/or professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials must be received by September 29th to be considered. For further information, please email Rebecca Brower at email@example.com.