Title: Office Manager
Location: National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum, Leadville, CO
Type: Full-time position with benefits
Post Date: July 7, 2017
Start Date: July 20, 2017/Open until filled
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Visitor Services Representatives
The National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum is hiring a full time Office Manager. The Office Manager is responsible for the organization and management of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate the Museum’s effectiveness and efficiency. He/she is a central cog within the inner workings of the institution and is responsible for business-critical functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, and bookkeeping using the Quickbooks Accounting System. This key team member handles employee scheduling and payroll. The Office Manager also oversees the Gift Shop, membership rolls and publishing the newsletter. The Office Manager’s role has a very specific scope, but he/she will be working within a team environment, meaning that a great attitude, collegial approach and willingness to assist museum patrons are intrinsic parts of the job.
The Office Manager will generally work a regular schedule in Leadville.
Bookkeeping. Expertly use Quickbooks software to effectively manage the Museum’s financials and Point of Sale (POS) system and accounts in an accurate and fiscally responsible manner; responsible for both accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Banking. Create accurate and timely bank deposits. Use Quickbooks to reconcile accounts on a monthly basis.
Payroll and Schedule: Monitor timesheet accuracy, input all data required to generate bi-weekly payroll. Create weekly schedule for employees, track absences, vacations, and personal days.
Manage Museum Membership Database. Accurately and expeditiously input data into the Museum’s membership database, record payments and send correspondence.
Gift Shop. Order and track gift shop merchandise and inventory. Supervise Lead Visitor Service Representative who is responsible for maintaining the merchandise display.
Museum Newsletter. Using Microsoft Publisher, layout quarterly newsletter, print, and prepare for bulk mailing.
General Office Duties. Monitor and maintain inventory of office, janitorial, curatorial and administrative supplies. Monitor and analyze internal processes. Monitor all office equipment and ensure it remains well-maintained.
Patron Service. Answer the Museum phone and respond to all visitor inquiries about the Museum, the Matchless Mine and the local area in a helpful, friendly, and accurate manner. Handle customer inquiries and complaints. Assist visitors who need help orientating themselves within the Museum, locating amenities, etc.
• Periodically fill in for Visitor Services Representatives in Gift Shop during lunch.
• Lock and unlock doors, turn lights on and off, turn security systems on and off.
• Occasionally assist other staff with setup and cleanup of public events.
• Mastery of Quickbooks Financial software and Quickbooks Point of Sale
• Experience in accounting and bookkeeping
• Expert user of MS Office Suite including MS Publisher
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High School Diploma minimum requirement. Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
• Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures preferred
• Working knowledge of non-profit business and management principles preferred
• Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
• Highly organized and flexible
• Ability to multi-task and meet changing deadlines
• Self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
• Maintains confidentiality
• Proven ability to analyze data and problem-solve
• Experience working with the public
• Working knowledge of the mining industry (current or historical) and of the local region preferred
• Must be able to lift and carry items up to 25 lbs.
• Reasonable fitness is required in order to move about the Museum easily at an elevation of more than 10,000 feet.
The National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum (NMHFM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for the position must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screening. The NMHFM participates in E-Verify. Applicants must provide a resume and submit a cover letter stating interest and giving names and contact information for three professional references in order to be considered for employment.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter with references to Stephen L. Whittington, Executive Director. They can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to PO Box 981, Leadville, CO 80461, or sent by FedEx to 120 W. 9th Street, Leadville, CO 80461.
Applications are being accepted and reviewed immediately. Position open until filled.