Four Mile Historic Park is seeking a full-time site manager. Essential job responsibilities include the development, maintenance, and repair of Four Mile Historic Park’s buildings (including the Four Mile House), 12-acre grounds, equipment, and other facilities in accordance with the mission and established policies and procedures of the Park. The Site Manager is responsible for the overall care and maintenance of all buildings, grounds, and livestock on the property.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Develop and implement a maintenance management system (prevention, correction, and construction).
• Oversee the purchase, use, and care of all maintenance and janitorial equipment/supplies.
• Implement system for regular maintenance and upkeep of Park buildings and grounds, including routine duties such as mowing, painting, etc.
• Schedule for routine maintenance and vendor contracts on equipment and services, including trash removal, recycling, sewer, water, etc.
• Manage natural resources of the Park to ensure protection and proper utilization.
• Hire, supervise, and coordinate staff and volunteers engaged in the maintenance and improvement of Four Mile Historic Park’s buildings, equipment, and other facilities.
• Hire and train maintenance staff and plan and assign work projects and schedules.
• Coordinate volunteer needs with the Volunteer Coordinator and facilitate site-related opportunities.
• Train FMHP staff in their maintenance responsibilities.
• Train and supervise staff in the use of FMHP equipment including maintenance and program equipment as appropriate.
• Schedule and oversee court-ordered community service volunteers.
• Prepare annual budget in consultation with Executive Director and appropriate committees.
• Monitor expenditures to ensure compliance with the budget.
• Purchase equipment and supplies; maintain appropriate records and inventory.
• Perform all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines, including local, state, and federal guidelines as well as historic preservation standards.
• Obtain appropriate licenses, permits, and approvals from local and state regulatory agencies.
• Comply with all regulations outlined in the Park’s cooperative agreement with the City and County of Denver.
• Respond to site-related emergencies.
• Provide general security oversight for Four Mile Historic Park, responding to alarm system and opening/locking park gates for public access.
• Provide care and feeding of Park animals, scheduling veterinary and farrier appointments, including any necessary emergency veterinary visits.
• Manage horse program activities, including volunteer wagon drivers to ensure the safe coordination of horse-drawn activities.
• Coordinate and make available equipment and furnishings for after-hours rentals and events.
• Monitor the condition of grounds and make recommendations relative to Park use.
• Maintain education program equipment as needed.
• Assist with the long range planning for the Park.
• All other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Internal: Maintain contact with FMHP staff, volunteers, Board Members and contractors on a regular basis. Has close interaction with departmental directors regarding operational needs.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups. Ensure communication and contract agreements with City and County of Denver. Regular interaction with Park visitors, guests and others.
• The position requires working knowledge in areas of engineering, painting, carpentry, electrical wiring and controls, plumbing, water and sewage treatment, vehicle and machinery operation, including maintenance.
• Proficiency in the safe and proper use of power equipment and tools, heavy and light machinery, and building materials.
• Must have knowledge of proper techniques in the following areas: construction, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, livestock care, and grounds keeping.
• Ability to understand and implement safety regulations and procedures and appropriately communicate them to staff and guests.
• Ability, both visual and auditory, to identify and respond to safety and environmental hazards and inform volunteers, staff, and guests.
• Ability to assess volunteer, staff, and visitor behavior, enforce appropriate safety regulations and/or emergency procedures and apply appropriate management techniques.
• Knowledge of historic preservation practices desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Physical strength to lift equipment and supplies (up to 40 pounds).
• Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing/walking for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
• Ability to safely and properly use power tools and equipment.
• Ability to safely drive cars, light trucks, tractors, and other motorized vehicles.
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
• Comfort working with large livestock.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time salaried position Wednesday-Sunday with some evening work required. Compensation is $25,000-$28,000 annually plus on-site housing (necessary for Park oversight and fulfillment of this position’s roles and responsibilities), health benefits, vacation and sick time, and retirement plan (Simple IRA) contribution option.
Candidates must have a good driving record and pass a background screening. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Laura Hiniker at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Four Mile Historic Park is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.