Museum Associate I & II
(March 16, 2017)
Reports to: Museum Director
Salary: $10-13 pr. Hour.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Application Deadline April 1, 2017
Work week: 20-25 hours per week; must be scheduled during Museum hours Weds-Sun. At least one weekend day required.
The Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and (DMMDT) Toys is seeking a part-time Museum Associate to assist in educational programming and day to day Museum functions. The position would begin as soon as possible. DMMDT is seeking a self-starter with strong organizational skills who will thrive in a creative, unique environment.
DMMDT is located in the Historic Pearce-McAllister Cottage in Denver, Colorado. The Museum boasts a large and unique collection that appeals to kids of all ages. DMMDT offers educational programming for children as well as adults.
1. Maintain Museum to professional standards
2. Greet visitors and offer assistance, as needed.
3. Respond to telephone messages, email messages and all inquiries within a reasonable period and not to exceed two business days.
4. Handle opening and closing of the Museum (i.e., locks, alarm, lights, doors, etc.).
5. Oversee daily tally and operations of the admissions and gift shop registers.
6. Handle mail, general correspondence and thank you notes for your position.
Collaborative and Supportive Characteristics:
1. Maintain a positive atmosphere, modeling mutual respect and professionalism.
2. Adhere to hours of employment.
3. Adhere to confidentiality.
4. Demonstrate initiative, accountability and integrity.
5. Adhere to all policies and procedures.
6. Maintain a business casual dress code during Museum hours and functions
Education and Program Operations:
1. Communicate with Museum Director regarding coordination of education and programs.
2. Plan, publicize, organize, manage and conduct all education and programs including, but not limited to: education, scouts, workshops, birthday parties, special groups, Free Days, and outreach programs.
3. Maintain database records regarding education and programs.
4. Coordinate schedules with Director and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure proper staffing.
5. Collaborate with volunteers to ensure effective use of resources and services for education and programs.
6. Coordinate educational programs to correspond with Museum exhibits and days of cultural importance.
7. Respond to inquiries and solicit opportunities to provide education and programs for the Museum.
8. Maintain positive contacts and relations with education and program participants and their organizations.
9. Maintain and stock supplies needed to operate any and all education and programs.
10. Remain flexible for opportunities to travel to schools, libraries, other museums, outside events and organizations in the execution of outreach programs.
11. Write monthly reports for the Board of Directors.
12. Process financial items and communicate with the Museum Director and Treasurer regarding financial matters as they apply to education and programs.
13. Work with Board Members and other volunteers regarding education and programs to assist them in their volunteer roles, provide information as needed, and alert them about potential areas of concern.
14. Assemble and edit newsletter
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with exhibits, collection and storage as needed
2. Assist with the Fall Show and other Museum fundraisers.
3. Assist the Museum Staff as needed and as time allows.
1. Ability to work with children
2. Must have reliable personal transportation and valid driver’s license. Must be willing to drive within a 25 mile radius of the Museum
3. Must be able to lift 50lbs
4. High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
5. Knowledge of PastPerfect Museum Software is a plus.
It is the ongoing policy and practice of The Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or veteran status.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2017. No phone calls please.