Denver Firefighters Museum
Title: Weekend Visitor Services Coordinator
Status: Part – time: Saturdays 9:30 – 4:30, Occasional Weekdays and evenings as needed
Salary Range: $10.00 per hour
Summary: Responsible for the weekend operations of the Museum’s front desk and gift shop including greeting the public, answering phones, operating admissions and store registers and maintaining attractiveness of front desk and store area; stocking merchandise, dusting, and straightening. Provide support to tour and birthday parties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet every customer with an excellent standard of customer care.
2. Procure and disseminate information about our programs in person and over the phone.
3. Operate admissions/store cash register, collect admission, membership, program and birthday party fees, process store transactions, process opening and closing paperwork.
4. Balance cash register daily with closing weekly and monthly.
5. Copy and maintain literature at front desk.
6. Maintain organized and attractive front desk.
7. Provide basic security support through monitoring cameras.
8. Dust, vacuum and re-supply restrooms when necessary.
Former work with children a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Previous cash handling, retail, customer service, and museum experience required.
Type 35 wpm and familiarity with computers, Word, Publisher and Access.
Team player enthusiastic about history of firefighting, fire safety and prevention.
High School diploma.