Historic House Manager
Employer: Cadoma Foundation
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Job Description: The Historic House Manager supports the mission and vision of the Cadoma Foundation by directing efforts to develop and integrate the Historic Bishop Home into the community as a premier historical site and preservation project. This position will average approximately 10 to 15 hours per week. The position assists with house management and organizational development.
• Lead Tour Guide at Historic Bishop Home including the Casper Museum Consortium Passport and MAQ Activities
• Ensure the Home is staged and presentable for tours
• Expand and coordinate the Historic Bishop Home volunteer program.
• Continue the collection management inventory and develop displays and exhibits for the Historic Bishop Home.
• Coordinate Historic Bishop Home public and private events.
• Collaborate with other community organizations for the development of the Home.
• Coordinate fundraising activities including the research and writing of grants.
• Conduct administrative duties in compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
• Interest in learning and sharing the history of the Historic Bishop Home with patrons.
• Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people and provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to perform basic bookkeeping practices and learn Past Perfect Software for collection management.
• Ability to ensure the interior and exterior of property is presentable of the public tours.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to implement creative ideas for the Cadoma Foundation’s mission and goals for the Historic Bishop Home.
• Have knowledge of historic resources and state and federal programs and policies.
• Ability and experience with working with other organizations to develop and promote programs.
• Possess strong ethical and professional skills.
• Demonstrate quality writing and research skills.
• Must pass a security background check
• Must not use any drug or controlled substances
The positions planned start date is Summer 2017.
For information on the Historic Bishop Home and the Cadoma Foundation, refer to www.cadomafoundation.org or Cadoma Foundation on Facebook.
For additional information or to apply, contact: Cadoma Foundation, 220 East Midwest St Suite B, Casper, Wyoming 82601, Telephone: 307 235 5277, email@example.com