During the 2014 Annual Meeting, you can expect to explore the how and why of:
• Championing for your museum at a local, regional, and national level
• Supporting your collections internally and for public use
• Advocating to your staff and the public
• Developing effective educational programs
• Accessing your visitors and community
Museums, libraries, and archives have been much at the center of political debates this past year. Those of us who work in these organizations feel that we must participate by being inclusive and engaging, opening up spaces for public discussions, and proposing solutions at local and national levels. In short, we must ADVOCATE! Advocacy activities can relate to our personal professional development, our collections, our education practices, and interacting with our visitors and larger communities.
Don’t forget to renew your individual and institutional Membership here! And just a reminder that institutional memberships are good for one discounted registration, please help us keep costs for the conference low by adhering to this policy.